Equipment Offered by the Stutsman County SCD
To schedule Call 701-252-2521 ext 3
Ask for Dustin
No-Till 8 Row
$20.00/ac - 175 acre maximum
In order to increase biodiversity, benefit soil health and increase nutrient cycling, cover crops are interseeded into growing corn. Emphasis is placed on other crop types such as cool season legumes and broadleaves, and cool season grasses. The planter can be rented for this purpose as well as for seeding corn.
We provide a tractor and operator, with the aerator for $17.00/acre plus fuel
Hayfield and pasture aeration increases productivity. As the aerator's blades spiral into the ground, slicing through the rhizomes, it stimulates growth and breaks up soil compaction. With the aerator's "No-Till" system, the ground behind remains smooth and not turned over like old conventional methods. Aeration increases productivity by keeping soils loosened and opened up to allow fertilizer and rain to absorb, eliminating erosion and runoff. Also useful in CRP Maintenance.
John Deere 1590
15' No-Till Drill
Delivered for $50.
Cost of drill use is $10/acre. Minimum charge of $100
if less than 10 acres.
We provide a tractor and operator with the composter for $50.00/hr
The Manure Composter provides the following:
- Reduction in total manure mass of over 50%.
- The end product from the process is not considered manure, but is a soil amendment. This allows additional amounts to be added in fields.
- The compost product is easy to spread without the hassle of lumps or excessive twine.
- The compost process allows breakdown of most organic materials including dead animals.
- Retains nutrients more efficiently for use in crop production.
- Useful for spreading on no-till fields. Correct applicatiion will not result in seedling damage.